**UPDATE** Marasby English Wine Tasting Club 100% funded! Visit the Kickstarter by 30th October to grab your reward.
The UK is the world’s most exciting cool-climate winemaking region. Yet 99% of wine we drink in the UK is still imported.
No wonder when it can be really difficult to find English wine in the nation’s capital. That’s why Marasby is launching London’s first English wine tasting club – empowering you to discover, taste and learn about English wine without having to leave central London.
We’ve already found a space for the Marasby clubroom in London Bridge and over 30 of the UK’s best winemakers are on board and keen to start opening bottles for you.
But the club won’t happen without your help.
We want it to be a unique place where everyone can discover, taste and learn about the amazing wines now being made in this country. A relaxed environment where you can ask any question – no matter how simple or complicated! A community of wine lovers that will support and help shape the future of our exciting emerging industry.
Starting this November, and held on the first Wednesday of every month, you will get to:
- Meet some of the most pioneering wine producers in the world.
- Discover and taste world-beating wines grown right here in England.
- Save money via exclusive discounts for events and wines.
- Relax in a friendly and informal space in central London.
What Will We Do With Your Backing?
With your support, we will:
1. Create a year-long programme of English wine events, that will introduce you to the most exciting cool-climate vineyards and wine styles in world, including:
- Intro to English Wine (November tasting tickets now on sale via Design my Night)
- English Sparkling wines that smash Champagne for taste and value.
- English Pinot Noir that out-terroirs Burgundy.
- English rosé that’s less pale and stale than Provence.
- The only way is Essex: discover why world-leading wine producers are now planting vines in the Crouch Valley.
2. Develop the visual identity of the Marasby Club, and use this to transform our fantastic central London venue into the Marasby Clubroom – a space where you’ll love hanging out, surrounded by original winemaker photography by Ed Dallimore and designs by Barlow & Co.
Why Invest in Us?
We (Marasby co-founders Simon Huntington and Talya Roberson) have a long track record of running successful wine ventures. Between us, we have won 17 industry awards, including for best event and best wine specialism at Decanter, Drinks Business and IWC Awards.
Marasby is our latest project, just six months old, and it’s already generating a huge amount of interest. 32 of the UK’s best winemakers have signed up to Marasby Market*, from large producers of Champagne-beating English Sparkling Wine, to quirky heroes championing the unique and diverse. Marasby has over 10,000 followers on Instagram.
Back Our Kickstarter:
We’re super-excited to have you along with us. Please check out our Kickstarter, join our community, and help grow the 1%.
*Marasby Market Early Adopters:
Ark Wines, Artelium, Burnt House Vineyard, Digby Fine English, Everflyht, Exton Park Vineyard, Flint Vineyard, Folc, Freedom of the Press, Greyfriars Vineyard, Gusbourne Estate, Gutter&Stars, Heppington Vineyard, Langham Wine Estate, Lyme Bay Winery, Meophams, Missing Gate Vineyard, Oastbrook Estate, Oxney Organic Estate, Raimes English Sparkling Wine, Shotley Vineyard, Simpsons Wine Estate, Squerrys, Stopham Vineyard, Terlingham Vineyard, The Secret Vineyard, Tinwood Estate, Vindemiate, Westwell Wines, Whinyard Rocks, Yotes Court Vineyard